About the Company
Eftex Business Services, LLC (Eftex) was founded in 2012 in Fulshear, Texas. We serve small businesses and individuals in Southeast Texas, including Fulshear, Katy, Richmond, Sugar Land, Houston and the surrounding areas. We provide our clients with exceptional services in the following areas:
- Tax Planning, Preparation and IRS Representation
- QuickBooks and Consulting
- Financial and Management Services
The name ‘Eftex’ is derived from EF (for Fulshear) and TEX (for Texas). Flora Oni, the founder, who has lived in different continents of the world, still resides in Fulshear, Texas and chose the business name so she never forgets where it all started. In August 2017, Eftex registered Eftex Tax Solutions with the Texas Secretary of State to effectively market the business' core services.
About Florence (Flora) Oni, Owner and COO
Flora Oni is Founder and Owner of Eftex Business Services, LLC. She loves helping owners of small businesses and individuals stay out of trouble with the IRS, save money, increase their profitability and improve their cash flow through her tax, bookkeeping and advisory services. And she just loves to crunch numbers, so you don’t have to!
Flora is an Enrolled Agent (EA), which is the highest tax designation conferred by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. She is licensed to practice and represent taxpayers before the IRS at all administrative levels - examination, collection, and appeals. She is also a Certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor.
While Flora serves clients in all industries, she specializes in assisting physicians, investors, realtors, landlords, and clients using QuickBooks software. Having lived in three different continents, she is also a whiz at helping expatriates file their tax returns and stay compliant with FBAR (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts) as well as FinCen regulations. Examples of some of the projects she’s worked with clients on include:
- Saving a client $3,000 utilizing tax credits instead of tax deductions for his educational expenses.
- Saving a taxpayer $6,500 per an IRS letter related to their Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Stopping the IRS from placing a lien on a client’s business property by cleaning up a variety of issues for a client, such as unfiled tax returns, payroll embezzlement, and unfiled payroll tax forms with W2’s. Abating penalties amounting to about $25,000.
- Filing the IRS forms needed to get a client’s withholding of $39,000 back from sale of a foreign property.
- Re-organizing and cleaning up QuickBooks for a client that had multiple coding errors in his books.
Prior to starting her own business, Flora has many years of international experience in taxes, bookkeeping, and financial statement preparation in a variety of industries, including retail, banking, logistics, airline, construction and mining industries. Flora’s enthusiasm is contagious and she is a positive motivator for her clients. She enjoys volunteering in her community and served as PTA Treasurer in the Katy ISD.
Flora holds a bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance. She, her husband, and three children reside in Fulshear. When she is not working, Flora enjoys cooking sewing, and traveling the world.